Do you have a memory of a childhood trip? "Going Places" by John McAuliffe from the upcoming Wake Forest Series of Irish Poetry Volume III, is a tribute to such journeys. As we get older, it is sometimes comforting to remember the times when we got to sit in the backseat and imagine "giant invisible horses", instead of focusing on the reality of adulthood in which one must sit in the front seat and drive the car.
Going Places
It doesn't happen often. Stuck in my room, say,
Looking at rain or for a book, seeing that the floor may
Need hoovering, hungover possibly,
Re-arranging the postcards on the wall:
At times like this
I begin to remember childhood afternoons,
Sitting in the backseats of cars, going places,
Telephone wires on either side, like fences
For giant invisible horses.
Posted by Sophie

aaa, this poetry makes my mind flying to the past. I miss my childhood, when I live in a small village in Indonesia.
ReplyDeleteNice to read this :)
Regards,
Ahimsa
http://azaleav.blog.imtelkom.ac.id/
I'm at the first time on your blog! And I like it! research paper writing service
ReplyDeleteHe pointed me here and told me I’d discover what I desire. My buddy is great, so as you. hermes birkin
ReplyDelete