RALLIES IN IRELAND; POET PAULA MEEHAN SPEAKS

Friday, November 2, 2012

Poem of the Week


Words and Music

She moves about in the tiny flat
with the long strides of a goddess,
fixing this, or watering that,
mixing the books up, wearing my shirt.

She dials the little radio
through crashing waves of static,
through ‘words, words, words!’
and finds a hidden symphony

then moves a chair to occupy
the single square of morning sun,
basks in the full length of herself,
ankles hooked on the window sill,

feet conducting sky. She asks me
if I love her. I wouldn’t quite
go that far. It’s just that
if she leaves me, I’m done for.

 Colette Bryce
from The Wake Forest Series of Irish Poetry, Volume Three (upcoming)

43 comments:

  1. jewellers dublin can be the same way for sure since I can share with other about this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this poem. I will share it with my friends. Lexmark Drivers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shared your poem for my best friend, and she very like this. reverse mortgage los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poem is very interesting. Thanks for sharing. pinterest repins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem is very excellent. Thanks the author a lot. Yaz Lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually spend a lot of time to see the excellent article
    noticias curiosas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for any other informative web site.
    yükle tl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forwward to read your new poem. Thanks for sharing with seattle drain cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your poem. Thanks for sharing. Keep sharing with us. esepet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this poem, very interesting. pagina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way you express everything here thanks for this and kee it up. Granuflo Attorney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this poem with us. Good luck to you. www.pradaxalawsuitteam.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your poem is very great. Thanks. Looking forward new your poem. Ceiling Light

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked your article is very interesting and attractive. Depakote Birth Defects Lawsuit

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am happy when reading your blog with updated information! Thanks for sharing. Celexabirthdefectsnews.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great post, I appreciate all the work you put into this site. Thanks. Birth Defect Website

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your content articles, it is very special.Paxil and Pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing cheers for the info. A fabolous piece of an article. Birth Injury Website

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your poem. Thanks. keep sharing some new poem with us. www.Zoloftbirthdefectsnews.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome poem. Keep up the good work and post more here to read. public relations Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wanted to thank you for this great article. Keep your work up. istanbul airport transfer

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking forward your new poem. Good luck with www.mesotheliomalawyersteam.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Post your question quite convincing, the content is very special, I love it. mesotheliomaattorneynews.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This website very useful for me, thanks for your information vaginalmeshlawsuitteam.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have finding such a subject for long time, you post is so helpful for me, and I have read it for several times. thank you very much for sharing such message with all us. best keylogger

    ReplyDelete
  26. thank you for sharing so great information with us. I learn so much for your post. you are so helpful blogger mov editor

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for share so great inoformation with us. it's of great helpful. I would like to subscribe your blogger. best free keylogger

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so glad to view you post, it helps me a lot. looking forward your more interesting post, many thanks for your great posts. abettersoft

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like this poem, I shared it with some friends, they also like this. freelance copywriter Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  30. Can I share this poem in my blog? informacion

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like this poem. Thanks for sharing it with us. penis buyutucu

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your poem is very nice. Looking forward your new poem. entrar

    ReplyDelete
  33. your post inlcuding much useful information, it helps me a lot. thank you for sharing so important information with us. try great keylogger for mac here

    ReplyDelete
  34. This poem is really interesting. Thanks for sharing a lot. Son dakika

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. learn more great info at video tools site. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  36. The software is great, however, this software seems to expansive, there are tons of such tools of lower price also powerful functions.I have been using ivideotool convert mts to mov for enjoy on quicktime long time, here is detailed guide:http://www.ivideotool.com/how-to/convert-mts-to-mov-mac.html. It can convert mts to mp4, wmv, flv, mp4, avi etc

    ReplyDelete
  37. Replies
    1. "She dials the little radio
      through crashing waves of static,
      through ‘words, words, words!’
      and finds a hidden symphony"
      love there the most. I am key logger

      Delete
  38. How beatiful a Poem!
    "feet conducting sky. She asks me
    if I love her. I wouldn’t quite
    go that far. It’s just that
    if she leaves me, I’m done for."
    so vivid...here

    ReplyDelete