| Still looks a bit like winter, but it feels like spring! |
For similar reasons, I think this is a great time of year for Jeff and Candide to be at the Tools of Change conference this week investigating issues around e-books and the future of publishing. I must say, as a new intern to Wake Forest Press and as someone hoping to enter the publishing biz as a young professional very soon, I'm extremely jealous! This is a great time to be around other creative thinkers in the publishing industry, coming up with ideas to keep Wake Forest Press current. Poetry presents a specific challenge when it comes to converting to e-formats, but progress is definitely being made within the technology. It is easy to think that the end of real books as near, but I am energized by the discussion happening in the publishing world. We're all excited to hear what Jeff and Candide learn at the conference and how they think we can apply it at WFU Press.
| How much longer will we have real books on our bookshelves? |
Here's hoping that spring will be here soon!
-Amanda Keith
No comments:
Post a Comment